Wednesday, May 5, 2010

No. 5

DSCN1652_2

A few photos taken at my voting centre - Daneswock Sewraz Government School, Triolet.

 

DSCN1633_2

The crowd coming in at around 15:30. (I’m not sure if I was allowed to take photos because I don’t have a press pass…)

 

DSCN1642_2

At that time, there were only 2 candidates present, who were there the whole day - Anil Seeruttun & Dinesh Ramjuttun from Alliance du Coeur. Satish Faugoo from Alliance de l’Avenir came in just after I left the premises. The PM visited the school twice, in the morning & the afternoon.

 

DSCN1634_2
DSCN1635_2
DSCN1649_2

The MBC was doing live coverage from here.

 

DSCN1640_2
DSCN1647_2

There was also a case of stolen identity as one woman was protesting that someone else voted in her place. I have no idea why they don’t just use the national ID card for identification… Such problems could have easily been avoided. A woman was raising a ruckus that she was able to vote twice (& was eventually arrested).

 

DSCN1648_2

Even the disabled turned up to vote…

 

DSCN1653_2

This Alliance du Coeur “base” was shut down because it was within 200m of the poll centre.

 

DSCN1654_2

So they shifted the base a little further…

 

DSCN1639

Results to be announced tomorrow… :)

 

Update:
NewsNow - Reports from constituency No. 5

8 comments

Yadhav

Nice pics! :D

Chaya

Nice pics and mini pictorial coverage of the event ;)

carrotmadman6

@Yadhav @Chaya
Thank you! Went in the morning, didn't take any pics. So I went back again in the afternoon. :P

Yashvin

I was accompanied with my camera too, but did not find it worth to take it out LOL!

carrotmadman6

@Yashvin
Compact Camera 1-0 DSLR

:P

Chaya

@Carrot: I was with my dad, so couldn't take any pics here. He would have been like "ki sa bane gestes la sa?" :P

Sun

Paul Won!!

carrotmadman6

@Sun
LOL :P

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...