& the best thing is that you don’t need to be a pro photographer to do this. ;)
I wasn’t satisfied with the initial results (posted on Flickr) as the fakes weren’t realistic enough. The problem was a lack of depth. The blur was applied in 2D, while real-life objects are 3D.
So what I did was painstakingly selecting objects on a single plane and applying the blur accordingly. Photoshop CS6 comes with a new tilt-shift blur tool, but I still prefer the Lens Blur.
Victoria Bus Station.
The Caudan flyover.
Embassy of the People's Republic of China.
- Wikipedia – Miniature Faking
- Smashing Magazine - 50 Beautiful Examples Of Tilt-Shift Photography
- Tilt-Shift Photography Photoshop Tutorial
- Faking Tilt-Shift - a Tutorial for Realistic Miniaturised Photos
- Create Tilt-shift Miniature Effect in Photoshop
- Miniature faking photos
- Flickr - Tilt-shift Miniature Fakes
- Vimeo - The City of Samba