Sunday, April 22, 2012

Port Louis in miniature

Since I last climbed Montagne des Signaux, I’ve been experimenting with tilt-shift photography through post-processing, more specifically miniature faking.

& the best thing is that you don’t need to be a pro photographer to do this. ;)

 

I wasn’t satisfied with the initial results (posted on Flickr) as the fakes weren’t realistic enough. The problem was a lack of depth. The blur was applied in 2D, while real-life objects are 3D.

 

So what I did was painstakingly selecting objects on a single plane and applying the blur accordingly. Photoshop CS6 comes with a new tilt-shift blur tool, but I still prefer the Lens Blur.

 

The Port.

 

Dias Pier.

 

Victoria Bus Station.

 

Les Casernes.

 

The Caudan flyover.

 

RCPL.

 

Embassy of the People's Republic of China.

 

Labourdonnais Street.

 

La Citadelle.

 

Skyscrapers.

 

Related:

6 comments

Yashvin Awootar

It is amazing what Photoshop can do! :P

carrotmadman6

FTFY.

"It is amazing what Photoshop users can do! :P"

:P
 

Siganus Sutor

A perfect playground for Legoman!

yash

Great, many thanks for this. My new wallpapers ;)

Azurcrea

J'aime, j'adore!  Vu de cette façon, on se réconcilie avec notre belle capitale ! Merci!
 

Yash RoyalBoyzz

Hello! I'm gonna upload one of your pics on the official RCPL page on fb. Hope you dont mind. I'm gonna take the RCPL's photo. Thnx.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...