A short visit to the Rajiv Gandhi Science Centre. There are various exhibits there that are great to experience, even though they might be a bit dated.
This imposing energy ball at the entrance is a recently-acquired exhibit.
The central exhibit is the ‘energy ball’ of the size of 9 ft x 9 ft and 18 ft in height which depicts the vivid transformation of energy in various ways.
‘Energetic’ balls roll along a maze of circuitous paths performing like an acrobat in a circus, turning wheels, hitting gongs and bells, creating music and sometimes falling from a height to bounce back for another round of performance.
It is really amazing!
Moving on, there are numerous physics displays that explain some of the most interesting things we might have come across. Like this moiré pattern.
A scale model of a sugar factory.
A relief map of Mauritius.
A lava tunnel!
Our dead friend, Raphus cucullatus, i.e. the Dodo.
Old paintings of Port Louis.
Old & new.
- Gov.mu – RGSC
- Gov.mu - New Exhibits at the Rajiv Gandhi Science Centre
- NouLakaz - The Rajiv Gandhi Science Centre in Mauritius
- Flickr - Rajiv Gandhi Science Centre
- LeMauricien.com - RGSC : 13 nouveaux instruments scientifiques exposés
- LeMauricien.com - AU RAJIV GANDHI SCIENCE CENTRE: Des nouveaux outils scientifiques pour la science
- LeMauricien.com - RGSC: Poursuivre sa découverte du monde de manière ludique et scientifique
- LeMauricien.com - RGSC: Une Semaine d’activités sur la science et la technologie